Thursday, October 27, 2011

Three Things Thursday

Good morning all!!!  Here are my random three things on this rainy Thursday morning!!

1.  Sick or sick of  work.....I woke up this morning feeling like a truck hit me.  My whole body is hurting and I just want to stay in bed with the covers pulled over my head!  No such luck though....I am doing State testing for my students and I'm the only one in my district that can do it....lucky me!  So I put on my big girl pants (because they are comfortable) and went to work....whining all the way!

2.  Run Santa Run!....Yesterday at running group, one of the runners (an older gentleman who pushes the pace and leaves me gasping for air because I just can't let him pass me!) told me about a race coming up in New Bedford.  Apparently they are trying to break a world record of Santas running.  You get a Santa suit as part of your registration to the 5k.....Ummm yes please!  I immediately thought of my good friend Carrie who last year ran a 5k as the Gingerbread Man....like full on costume where you couldn't even see her face!!  Click on the picture below to find out more!

3.  Last minute Lucy.....I have a 5k on Saturday with Em.  I want to make her a Halloween tutu since according to her is her must wear racing apparel!  Here is the thing though.....I waited until the last second!  Why do I do this to myself??  Please tell me I'm not alone!!  I know my sister is notorious for waiting until the last second (sorry Amy) but does it move past our family?  Surely I'm not alone....however I will be kicking myself as I cut strips of toulle until the wee hours!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway for 25 holiday cards!!!

7 comments:

  1. It's rainy here today to. Blah!! I thankfully don't feel like a truck hit me but I could easily snuggle back up under the covers. OMG, that santa run is so cute!! I'm going to have to look for a race like that around here. Awww, so precious. Your little em dressing up for a 5K. That's pretty awesome actually and it's got to make u the happiest momma ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way here! Maybe it is the rain....I'm debating on whether I am going to yoga or not....UGH!

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's just something about procrastinating that is so.....natural. I'm guilty as charged as well.
    We have a Santa run here that attempts to break the record as well. Haven't heard about it yet for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better!! And I think running in a Santa suits with a bunch of other Santa would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you can stay on top of whatever is making you feel so bad! No fun to work sick.

    Santa fun! You'll have to get lots of pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. meh-I feel the same way!

    No offense taken-procrastination is my middle name!

    Yes please on the Santa run!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! I can't wait to see pictures of the santa race!!

    ReplyDelete