Tuesday, June 17, 2014

How Do You #FuelYourBetter?

I have a question for you all.....
A few weeks ago I was selected to try a Vega Sport product for the #FuelYourBetter campaign with Fit Approach.  The past few months I have noticed that right when I want to be pushing into another gear running or with kettlebells, I am just hitting a wall.  The gas gague is showing empty.  This made me excited to try out Vega Sport's Sugar Free Energizer as a way to fuel before my workouts.
You simply combine one packet with your water about 20 minutes before your run/workout.  At first the texture made me a little nervous...I was expecting the taste to be gritty and hard to drink but I was certainly surprised!  It tasted fine and an added bonus was that I wasn't tasting it for miles to come!!  I also noticed a difference during my early morning kettlebell sweat sessions...I was pushing myself harder and wasn't mentally quitting on my workouts.
Soooo the verdict?  I really like it...and see a difference in my energy levels when I'm using it!  The plant-based Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer comes in two flavors: Lemon Lime and Acai Berry. I had the Lemon Lime flavor and it was a light taste.  It is gluten, dairy, and soy free.  The packets are really convienent and can be just thrown into a gym bag for an afternoon workout or run, or you can have it waiting on the counter for when you wake up!  It mixes easily in a water bottle so you can just mix, dirnk, and go!  I used it before my morning workouts for energy and endurance, and in the afternoon for that boost of energy I need to help me push this big rig up and down our neighborhood hills!
It was a definite help last week when I decided to run my long run mid-week after sitting in a meeting for 9 hours.  I was away for work and stashed some Vega Sport SFE in my bag knowing I was going to be staring down 12 miles late afternoon.  I chugged it down on the way to my run and honestly saw a difference in my endurance and speed as I made my way up and down the hills of Hopkinton...normally starting a long run at 6pm is a recipe for disaster but I felt good!

Price point ranges from $1.69 for a single pack to $49.99 for a 4.5oz tub which gives your 40 servings on their website.  It is right around where I would expect to be for fuels that are going to give me the energy and endurance kick I need!

There are times when we all face something that is holding us back from our "better". Vega Sport  has fuel to help prepare, sustain, and recover.
What is holding you back from your best....your BETTER??  You can find your personal fueling plan on their website (here).

4 comments:

  1. Vega love! Nancy, have you tried the recovery accelerator? It really does make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't but I'll have to look into it! Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this! Thanks for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Would love to try some of this if I could find it locally.

    ReplyDelete