Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Seen on My Run...

This weekend while in RI to celebrate my Dad, I was able to escape (thanks to my fabulous sister) and go for a glorious long run!!  I left from my parents house and ran one of my favorite routes into Newport...along Bellevue Avenue where the famed mansions are...and back along the Cliff Walk.  It's one of my favorites and is also part of the Newport 10 Miler that I ran this April.  The weather was perfect...a little cool at the start...and other than having to dodge a lot of tourists and other summer residents (I noticed also a trend of other runners not saying hi but more on that in a diferent post) it was an amazing run!  Today I'm sharing with you some things that made me giggle and smile along the 11 miles!

Ok so the only time I smiled here was when I was coming DOWN this massive hill!  Yes there were lots of sights to distract me from my burning lungs while I climbed this (it goes well beyond this picture) but this one is a killer!

These camel bushes are part of the Doris Duke estate named Rough Point.  Doris Duke was a make-your-own-rules type lady and these camels peaking out from one of the massive gates always make me giggle!

These can be summed up in three words....Worst Traffic Offenders!!!  They are actually cute and if you know more than this man who got stuck on this dead end street while I was running by, they look like a lot of fun, but boy are they traffic causers!  Newport has enough traffic issues in the summer and very narrow streets....these bad boys just clog things right up!!  That being said I went home and told my sister that we should try it one day!!

My kind of trail!!!  This is part of Cliff Walk and it is just one of my favorite places to run and walk all times of the year.  The views are unbeatable and I always feel very calm when I'm out here....like it centers me again!...and yes it is much more "calming" in the colder months when there isn't anyone there!

What is your favorite place to run/walk?  What makes it your favorite?




10 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty place to run. Those little car thingies do look like they would be fun to drive around. Is that a tourist thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can rent them by the hour...surprisingly pricey but it gets you around town to see the sights!

      Delete
  2. haha i'd laugh at the camels too! HUMP DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you hit the Cliff Walk early? It always seems too crowded for running...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was there around 9am...there were parts that were more crowded than others...definitely was filling up though!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful spot to run! In the summer my favorite place to run is probably indoors on the treadmill or on the indoor track at the community center. The snakes seem to find me everywhere once it's warm so I'm sticking to the indoors this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful run! I love the camels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any trail run! Just because it's a trail :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your run looks fun! I've never seen a minicar like that! My most favorite place is the rail trail in town - its along the river. Great views!

    ReplyDelete