Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday Motivation

This past week I had runs where I wanted to just throw in the towel...my legs were like lead...I sat in meetings for 9 hours only to have to cowboy up and run 12 miles...times when I wanted to NOT be a runner.  But then I remembered....how it feels to know that I AM a runner....to know why I started on this crazy and challenging journey of mine...remembering why I whip my body to make it do what I want it to do.  I remembered why I do these crazy things....and yesterday as I rested....I planned it all over again!  Feel like quitting....feel like you've bit off more than you can chew....feel like you want to just cash it all in?
Don't!!!  Remember why you started!!!

11 comments:

  1. It sucks at times but in the end it's all worth it because it's who we are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good runs are right around the corner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. in running fitness and LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know...I needed that today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just did a motto post yesterday on this too! People get down because of how far they have to go instead of looking at how far they've come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started for me. There was more to me than being a mom, wife and daughter. Love this Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The longer you run, I think it becomes a little easier to deal with the ups and downs- you know some bad runs will come! But the good ones make it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Nancy! Always need to hang on to your "why!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since i am in a comeback mode right now I am just so grateful for every run, it has really renewed my love of running and my appreciation for how good of shape I was in before I dealt with a year or so of being injured all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Last week was a week like that...unfortunately I did quit and did not do all of my workouts. But this week I am starting over again and so far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had one of those runs last week. The humidity is killing my runs (and spirit). I wanted to stop with every step. But when you dig deep, remember why you started and you finish ... worth it!

    ReplyDelete