Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love Yourself Challenge

Zoe over at Run Zoe Run started a challenge a few weeks ago where you had to put this cute little tatoo on your favorite body part and take a pic of it in a place that demonstrated where you were from. Well I chose my feet....no not for the creepy Rex Ryan reason but more in the "thanks for all you do" reason. I feel like my feet are really the unsung heroes of my body! You'll have to head over to Zoe's blog to check out my full write up but in essence my feet have taken me place I never dreamed I would go! All that and I'm not very nice to them. I stick them in heels, cleats, flip flops, and lots of running shoes with rarely a pedicure in sight! I just painted them for this pic but unless it's summer these babies are not painted! I took the picture at this beach that I found one day while getting my Dora the Explorer on during a run. It is a small slice of public beach nestled between mansions and the private beaches and docks that go with them. I love it there and can't wait to plop my beach chair down and make endless sand castles with Emma there this summer!! As I said to Zoe, it is essential for this 3rd-generation born and raised Newport, Rhode Island girl now living on Cape Cod to have a beach within walking distance from her house! This one is exactly 3 miles....I used the Garmin!

In other news....Happy Valentine's Day! I have a great time this morning leaving cheesy notes around the house for my hubby! I love being up early! Last night I got my Martha Stewart on and made these hair clips for Em and the girls at daycare....its just girls on Monday!

I found the idea on the blog Do They Have Salsa in China. It was super easy and so cute!!

I hope cupid treats you kindly today!!!

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were living on the Cape. We go to Onset in the summer. We should meet up for a run sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Cape a couple years ago... it was so nice. Beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your feet certainly do seem deserving of the accolades!

    Very cute hair clips! I don't have a crafty bone in my body, and my daughter never leaves a hair clip in her hair, but they're so dang cute, it makes me wanna go get a glue gun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very crafty! You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!

    in response to your comment - my first marathon was 2 days after the scraps of hurricane dumped inches of rain on our city... and the course was almost changed. I "get" the added fears of weather fueling the fires of pre-marathon jitters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally cute bows! And I'm loving all the tats and love yourself body parts floating around! Feet are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so craft AND creative!! Love the pic of your feet...mine are quite f-ugly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew up in New England and miss the Cape. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete