Monday, February 28, 2011

Welcome Back....to Reality!

Last week was school vacation and while I am so thankful for having the week off I can't help but whine a little about having to come back. I think I was really meant to be a stay-at-home Mom but my reality is that I have to work...wah! I guess it's good I like my job and the perks are good...like vacations!

I took a respite from bloggyland mostly because I was off my routine but also because I wanted to soak up all the time I could with Em! Her potty training started off strong but part of the way into the week she got sick of my game and so we veered off course. I'll try again soon! I had a GREAT week with her and I am sad it is over. The other day she gave me a big hug and said, "Happy Best Friends Day Mommy! You're my best friend!" Melt my heart!

Another perk of not working was that I was able to run....a lot! My goal was to hit 40 miles this week but I fell short but 1 measly mile....ugh! It was such a great feeling to be able to run without a time deadline...no rushing! It was great and I was also able to register for my next half...New Bedford in March. Nothing like last minute but I have been training for it all along. Just haven't gotten permission from the hubs and paid the money! I am looking forward to seeing how I do with this race. I ran it many years ago when I was training for Boston. My time was well over 2 hours. I hope to keep it under 2 hours again to prove to myself that the race in October wasn't a fluke!

My last random point for the day is a little rant of sorts. Yesterday I went to the Hyannis Marathon to pick up my jacket that I earned running 3 half marathons in a series. Well I got there to pick up Jill and I's PREORDERED jackets to find that they didn't have our sizes! WHAT?!!! I put on my best "you're kidding right" face and said that I would email the director. Why ask my size when you aren't going to have it? This made me very annoyed! To lighten the blow Bondi Band was there and I was able to get a band for me and one for Jill (you're going to love it Jill!). I hope to find the jacket in my mailbox soon......grrrrr! Has this ever happened to you?

Well happy Monday all and I hope your weekend was well!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good week off! Bummer about the jacket -- I know I haven't done many races, but I have to say I thought Hyannis could have been a little better organized -- communication was not a strong suit!

    Congrats on registering for New Bedford!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I'm away from work for more than 2 days straight I wish I was a SAHM more than ever! How sweet of your daughter to say that to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your vacay!! So tough to come back after getting to run whenever you want!

    Do you know a seamstress that can help your jacket fit better?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! that is annoying about the coats. what is the point of pre-ordering, exactly?! i hope they fix the situation quickly.

    glad you had a good week off from work + blogworld!

    ReplyDelete