Thursday, February 24, 2011

Three Things Thursday-Vacation Style

This week is vacation week and you know what that means....complete randomness for Fancy Nancy! So here is my Three Things Thursday randomness!

1. Vacation week = more time outside = one happy Momma! Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment for a physical and so Em was more than happy to go to daycare. She could visit with her friends and get away from her crazy Mom who kept asking her every five minutes if she needed to use the potty! That meant a Tuesday 10 miler for moi! It was a wild run....in a good way! The sun was shining really brightly and it was snowing! It made it look like glitter floating around! Very cool!! It was great to get in those miles...and outside to boot!

2. Cardio obsessed??? My hubby and I have been having this great debate over weights and running and we couldn't be on more opposite ends. If we were gym royalty he would be King Free Weights and I would be Queen Cardio. I used to love weights and I still do but I just can't stop thinking about running....am I obsessed? Is that good?

3. The potty training is....well going. I have spent many hours sitting on our bathrooms floors and reading books as Em hangs out on the potty. She's gone twice which you would think would spur her on since she loves the M&Ms she gets....but well yesterday she started running away from me when I mentioned the potty. We are headed to RI for a few days so I can get my hair done and we can visit with the fam. I am hoping a little encouragement (pressure) from her super cool 7 year-old cousins will help her out.

Have a great Thursday!!! This weekend I get to go pick up my jacket for the half-marathon trilogy I did this past year....pics to come!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think number two is fairly typical--women love cardio and men love weights. Interesting.

    Glad you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a cardio queen too. :) Ryan is a cardio King, though. He loves to run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I think my hubby and I are the same...he is all about weights and while I'll do 'em, I just can't get over how much I'd rather be running! :)

    ReplyDelete