Thursday, August 16, 2012

Daily Dish

Soooo I was a bad challenge blogger yesterday and did not post my songs like I should have.  However check out the playlists from the other bloggers that are part of the challenge with Fitness Cheerleader especially if you're looking for something to add to yours!
Today's challenge question is about food:
What is your favorite recipe to make?
While I really like to cook(provided I like it even better if someone would plan what I should make), I tend to recycle the same recipes over and over again.  Looking at my Pinterest Food board and my vast collections of cookbooks, you can see that I have an interest in trying new things but I really need to step out of my comfort zone for me and my family!  I tend to love trying new dessert recipes(who wouldn't when messing up is so yummy!) but dinner options need better planning. 

One recipe that is my go to is one that I make most often for my lunch for a couple of reasons.  I try to incorporate as many veggies into my lunches as I can and this recipe fits the bill.  I used to pack a huge salad while tuna and rice vinegar but while I loved them...they didn't love me back!  While raw veggies make my belly cranky (to be nice) over too many days, these roasted veggies are great! 

Gather a bunch of veggies to roast.  I use summer squash, zucchini, peppers, onion, mushrooms, asparagus, and spinach.  Cut them up evenly and throw them in a big roasting pan (I make enough for the whole week so I have to use a big one!).  Toss them with lots of balsamic dressing and a drizzle of olive oil and some red pepper flakes for some heat.  Then you simply roast them at 400* for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.  Easy peasy!!  I can stick them in the oven and go on prepping for the next week!

Not only are they super yummy but you can use them in so many different ways!  I combine them with chicken or quinoa (when I'm not pregnant-my only food aversion) and I also make a wrap out of them with hummus. 

Time to dish....What is your favorite recipe to make?

Some exciting news from yesterday was that I was a guest contributor for Fitblogger!  I was so honored to be chosen!!  Check it out!

7 comments:

  1. Great post on Fitblogger! I have been a really bad blogger challenge poster. I have missed 4 or 5 I think. But I am going to try to keep up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roasted vegetables! And you're so smart to make a big batch like this to use over and over.

    Now off to check out the Fitblogger post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love southwestern style salads with bbq chicken. I like my salads with roasted corn, jicama, tortilla strips, avocado, tomato, cheese and fat free balsamic dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being featured on Fitblogger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my fav recipes is couscous tacos because people close to me always request it so it makes me happy to make them happy! p.s. it's so easy to make and they don't even know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love roasted veggies, and that is a great way to use what you have/what is in season! My go to is probably a big pot of something. Last week it was white chicken chili; this week it was turkey chili; the week before that it was curried chicken and rice. Then I just portion them out so I can just grab one each day for my lunch. It saves so much time, money and is healthy and yummy to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on Fitblogger!!

    Here is my post (and not particularly clean, but it is tasty!): http://sheslosingit.net/2012/08/21/jjs-decadent-dessert/

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete