Thursday, September 1, 2011

Come On Irene!

Good morning all!!!  Yes I am alive and kicking....however getting a squeaky start after vacation!  We got back on Thursday night which of course made Friday laundry day!!  Saturday was then officially Get Ready for Hurricane Irene Day!!  We brought everything inside and made sure we had enough food to feed an army!  Well Irene certainly did her own thing and left us without cable or internet for several days and a HUGE tree in our backyard.  We are so thankful though since the tree came about 6 inches from our house.  Plus so many others in Irene's path had far worse damage.  My family and in-laws lost power for several days! 

I promise pics from our great vacation (so much fun!) and our new jungle gym (aka fallen 50' oak tree) very soon!  I went to my first day of running group yesterday!!  I felt like I was going to my first day of preseason of freshman soccer all over again!  I didn't know anyone and was so nervous.  They were all very nice and it was great to do a different workout!  We did a mile warm-up and then pick-ups for 30 min, then a mile cool down.  I was pretty proud of being able to keep up with the fastest group even though I felt like my legs were made of lead!  It was really fun and I'm so glad I pushed myself to go!!

Now I'm off to catch up on the million blogs I missed and find out all about your adventures last week!! 

6 comments:

  1. Good for you for joining a running group - I keep saying I'm going to.

    Glad your vacation was a good one and that the tree missed your house. Happy to say we were one of the lucky ones in our area - power stayed on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great you went to a running group! glad you had a nice vacation and survived H.I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad the tree stayed off your house and that you didn't have any real damage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you survived earthquakes, hurricanes and trees...oh my! :) We had some "major" earthquakes here in CO, but I was apparently asleep when it happened. So much for that experience! :) Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to here you guys are safe. One of our large trees fell into the backyard of 3 neighbors. It cut the shed in half like butter, but luckily no person or house was damaged. That's the most important thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank GOODNESS your house and family is safe!

    The running group sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete