Friday, September 2, 2011

Sunrise Run....Running Away

Well the time is quickly coming...when our quiet seaside town becomes quiet again and cool ocean breezes has you grabbing a sweatshirt each night....the days get shorter....and I have to go back to work.  YUCK!  I love the Fall and love my job but I LOVE the summer and the freedom it brings!  I think this summer was particularly special because it was the first one in many, many years when I didn't have to take classes, work constantly, or have major stresses weighing me down.  I was able to spend copious amounts of time making sand castles, sliding down slides, and running each morning as the world was waking up!  Now not every day was doves and roses being a mom of a 2 year-old, but I was so thankful for the time I had with her good or bad.

One thing that spoiled me was that extra hour of sleep!  I have been blessed by being able to wake up at 5:30, wake up a little, and head out the door for an outdoor run along the beach and our town.  It has been so great...honestly a blessing!  Now that the inevitable is upon me, I go back on Tuesday (even saying it makes me nausious), and now my reality is going to be 4:30 wake-ups and lots of time with the mill.  I know so many of you brave ones run in the dark but I have night blindness and that coupled with my inner fraidy cat forces me inside.  My plan is to make time in the mornings too, while it is still warm and I can run with Em in the afternoon, to do weight training.  I have fiercely neglected it this summer and I have the chicken wings to prove it!


How about you....how does your schedule change as the summer fades away?

15 comments:

  1. Thinking of you as you return to work! Such a weird time of year for me as I think of all of my teacher friends returning to the classroom. Part of me misses it. I am looking forward to having my kids on a routine though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a lovely place to live,I love summer also autumn but not to keen on winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog! My schedule changes in that I can actually run right after work because it's not so hot! Love it! That means I earlier relaxation time! Whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my schedule doesn't change :) jsut days get shorter and darker..oh, it does get a lot harder to wake up n get out of bed!lol
    i am hosting a giveaway! a flower ring hand made by SSCD+ $20 gift certificate to Sweet Spot Card Shop :) Please check out my blog for the interview+giveaway!xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am way chicken to run in the dark alone. Good luck starting back up with work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming from the Fitness Friday Blog Hop... and also a fan of Jill's at One Tough Cookie and a Beer... I know you are her running buddy.

    Have a fun run on Saturday.

    I am a fraidy cat too and won't run in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Cape Cod! I actually love it better in the fall and winter, only because I get all the beaches all to myself! Sorry you have to go back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nancy! I am sorry your summer is over. I know by your blog that you had a lot of fun.
    For me the running is easier. I do meet my friend at 5 am a couple of mornings a week and other days I run after dropping everyone at school. Good luck with your early mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The schedule gets really full- with 4 out of 5 kids in school- then soccer, dance, homework. I prefer having a schedule, though! Keeps me sane. I don't love feeling like I live in the car, though :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Running on the beach sounds so nice:) Those won't be chicken wings for long!

    My schedule is temporarily out of whack due to hunting season. It's been a good temporary shift though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a great summer and it sounds like it was just so much fun. Back to the routine we go but it is great to look back to the memories of the summer. I'm ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes. Going back to work and kids going back to school after summer break is a big change for my running/workout schedule. Many more things to work around every week and little room for flexibility. No more early morning runs because it's to dark when I would be able to go.

    Love the idea of running on the beach every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck and have fun going back to work. We've been back at school here for a month and my running time has had to get more creative. Earlier and earlier really because I need to be back in time for helping kids and getting myself ready for work.

    Your beach runs sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. jealous of your beach runs! I will be heading to the beach though at the end of this week for one last beach trip of the year. Our schedule has certainly gotten busier since school started and my son has soccer practice 2 days per week + games. It will be interesting trying to fit everything in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The kids go back to school this week and the hectic family schedule will return! Fitting it all in will definitely be a challenge!
    Good luck with the start of work!

    ReplyDelete